Friday, April 25, 2014

Gun control does not mean outlawing guns

For Reference:


There has been a large tug-of-war around the concept of gun control in the United States. A lot of people desire stricter parameters for those who are purchasing weapons and the NRA does not want to change a thing, and in fact wants to reverse some things. Recently in Georgia, some new gun control laws went into play and instead of taking safety into mind, they went ahead and did away with a lot of important restrictions. Some of these new allowances include being able to take guns into bars without the owner's consent. The most important change is different than a new gun carry law however, it is the fact that gun owners are no longer required to receive finger prints for their license renewals. Not only is there no longer finger-printing but databases on license holder are no longer legal. Personally, I'm all for guns. I believe in the idea of self-defense and being able to defend myself, property, or family from any possible threats. But at the same note, I believe in restrictions on who can own guns and how easy they are to obtain. The last thing I need while I go to sleep at night is thinking about all the lunatics out there who can easily buy a gun. It is a paradoxical thing that I require a gun to protect myself from other people with that same gun. But I digress, I believe gun restrictions are necessary, we need more of them, and we need the NRA to stop strong arming the representatives we expect represent us. The NRA is almost beyond gun rights in their zealous war against restrictions and control on guns. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Tran is saying about gun control. I don’t think that gun control should be taken lightly I believe that we need more supervision on guns not less like the NRA is doing in Georgia. I think that it is a bad idea to remove some of these restrictions such as not fingerprinting the gun owners. If we can’t match the gun to its owner then we have no idea who committed a crime. When the NRA says that we won’t finger print people it gives them more of a reason to commit a crime because they know it won’t be traced back to them. So I believe that Han Tran is right in saying that we should be more cautious with our gun regulations.

    ReplyDelete